Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Admit it, foos!

I am slightly racist. I am, I admit it. Its true. And I challenge whoever to tell me they're not. Its a fact of life that a person would feel superior over others, be it due to language skills, brains or looks.

However, no matter how much of a racist you are, it is in the best interest of a multi-racial society to keep those feelings hidden as deep as possible in order to be politically correct. But damn, sometimes it really does piss you off.

In my line of work, I deal with a lot of other races / nationalities. Call me kampung but I prefer working with Malaysians / Malays. It just makes it easier to convince people that my view is usually right. This doesn't mean that Malays are walkovers, just that they are more open to other people's point of views (or if not open to them, at least they listen patiently).

There are a few people on my course who I wonder how in the hell will survive not only at work, but also in society at large! Overbearing, bossy, smart-alecky, just think of the worst adjectives in the English language and tack them on the list.

We have a pseudo Arabic Canadian wannabe who will agree with anyone with white skin in order to be accepted by "the superior race". And belligerent with others. Thing is the knowledge she has in the company / products doesn't amount to much.

Why am I going on about this? I have to do a final presentation with the aforementioned person and I have a feeling its going to be very tough. Good thing it won't be for so long, but it still is going to be time consuming especially with the dataset we have to load.

Fun eh? Pfftt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home